These 5 basic skills separate happy people from everyone else.
1. Savor the Moment. Being present in the moment will reduce stress and negative thoughts.
2. Thank those who matter. When you recognize and express gratitude you will feel better about your life.
3. Aspire to meaningful goals. Set your sites high and avoid dead-end thinking.
4. Think positive. Using positive self-talk will change your thinking and keep you happier.
5. Give of yourself. Helping others and giving back will boost your self-esteem.
6. Empathize with others. Connecting with others, listening and empathizing will improve your relationships and this will improve how you feel.