Q Who is coaching for?
- Coaching is for anyone who wants to improve in an area of their life or reach a goal. Typically those who seek out coaching are high functioning, goal oriented people who would benefit from a road map, guidance and support to reaching their goals.
Q What does a coach do?
- It is a coach's job to help clients develop goals, overcome obstacles, which have prevented them from obtaining their goals in the past, achieve current goals and increase their ability and confidence to pursue goals in the future. Coaches assist clients by helping them define their goals, provide structure, an action plan, revise action plans as clients progress, provide support, give encouragement and motivation, monitor and validate progress, and provide accountability. Coaches will help clients learn new skills that will endure long after coaching ends.
Q What should I expect in a coaching session?
- Each coaching session will be custom tailored for you, no two are alike. Renée works on a Client Centered Approach model. Your needs and wants are always top priority. A good coach will always ask you lots of questions to help you identify areas for improvement and use your strengths, skills, knowledge and ability to enhance these areas. Expect breakthrough results!
Q Do I have to live in the same city as my coach?
- No. Most coaches and clients do not reside in the same city. Most coaching sessions are conducted via phone or Internet video chat such as Skype. Clients really like being able to fit coaching into their schedule without having to worry about additional commute time.
Q Does coaching really work over the phone?
- Yes! It has been proven that coaching is just as effective and sometimes even more effective over the phone due to anonymity for the client. Distance coaching allows a client to feel more comfortable and therefore more productive not being in the physical presence of their coach. In a controlled study published in the Journal of Counseling Psychology, researchers found that the two methods of face to face or distance therapies shows equal benefit. The study found there was no difference in effectiveness between the two modalities. Researchers found that the relationship between coach and client was a strong predictor of success. Another finding was that the clients in distance (or over the phone) coaching actively participated MORE than those coaching clients face to face. It has been found that people are more honest over the phone than they are face to face. People are more likely to admit bad behaviors when speaking over the phone and are the most honest in writing. Because of this finding, e-coaching done in conjunction with one to one distance coaching yields the best results and biggest breakthroughs.
Q When will I start to see a change?
- Change is different for everyone. Usually after three months new positive habits will start to become more routine in your life and you will notice the wonderful change. Most clients feel more focused and excited after their very first session.
Q What if I am not sure where I need help?
- The initial questionnaire and assessments given to you by your coach will help to clarify areas where there is room for growth and expansion. Your coach will help you define goals best for what you want. It is your coach’s job to bring out the best in you so let her inspire you to discover new things about yourself.
Q What if I only want to work on one thing? Do I have to talk about other areas and topics?
- In your coaching session you will never have to talk about anything you are uncomfortable with. Often we learn that things are interconnected in ways we never would have initially thought. You may find that you came to coaching for one thing but now you also want to grow in other areas.
Q How often are coaching sessions and how long do they last?
- This can be determined by you and your coach depending on what you would like to focus on and how quickly you would like to see results. The typical frequency for most coaching clients is a 60 minute session every two weeks. Others like more frequent and regular contact and opt for 30 minute sessions weekly. The more often you can meet the quicker you will move toward achieving your goals.
Q Why are coaching sessions not sold one at a time?
- In order to make progress and breakthroughs, consistent effort is required. Purchasing a package of coaching sessions is a commitment to the process and sends a message to your subconscious mind that you are going to achieve something. Following and completing the steps in the program will insure success. Just as though you would not go to the gym to lift weights only one time, the same is true with coaching. We must continue to build on our progress to get stronger and stronger.
Q Does coaching take a lot of time?
- Professional coaching is a high-leverage activity. Clients can achieve remarkable progress toward their desired future in less than a couple of sessions per month of coaching. There is a wide spectrum of how coaching is delivered. Some coaches prefer to meet one-on-one with clients in an office but most recommend telephone sessions for the ease of use, minimization of distractions, better privacy, greater efficiency, and for (yes, apparently) a better connection to the client. Best practices in coaching call for between two and four sessions per month that last at least 30 minutes and up to 60 minutes. A sweet spot for many coaches and clients seems to be three sessions per month for 30 to 45 minutes a session -- a miniscule investment of time for the results achieved.
Q What if my coach asks me to do something I am unsure about or uncomfortable with?
- You will never have to do anything you are uncomfortable with. Keep in mind that it is your coach’s job to help you step outside your comfort zone which is the only way to experience growth. There may be times that things come up that are uncomfortable for you but you never have to do more than you are ready for.
Q Does the coach also work with other health professionals?
- Yes. Your coach will work in conjunction with your doctor and other health practitioners to help you achieve your results in the quickest, safest way possible. Your coach may even recommend certain practitioners to help aid and support in your process. Typical professions that may also be involved in a client's wellness are: doctor, naturopath, acupuncturist, personal trainer, nutritionist, hypnotherapist, chiropractor, physical therapist, massage therapist, etc.
Q Do you accept insurance?
- Unfortunately coaching is not covered by insurance. However, we do offer discounts for advance payment and the purchase of multiple sessions, allowing you the ease and flexibility of when you pay and how much. We take check, credit card, debit card and PayPal.
Q Is coaching the same as counseling?
- No, they are not the same. Renée is a Certified Wellness Coach and a Certified Holistic Life Coach and not a licensed counselor. While coaching takes into account all aspects of wellness including mental and emotional wellness, a coach does not diagnose or treat. Counseling is re-active focusing on the past. Helping people to overcoming past trauma, blocks, psychological pain and distress. Coaching is pro-active focusing on the present and creating the future. Coaching is motivating, setting clear goals and obtaining them. Think of an athletic coach. They encourage, inspire, support, train and educate their players. Yet they do not treat sports related injuries or perform rehab. Your coach will find out where you are in the game of life and inspire, support, train, encourage and educate you on the best “plays” to make. Renée will ensure you get every possible “touch-down” out of life.
Q Does Human Potential LLC offer counseling services?
- Spiritual counseling and other metaphysical therapies are available through the Center for Bliss. However, it is important to know that Renée will NOT work with clients who are seeking both counseling and coaching from her. As a client you will receive either coaching or counseling but never both at the same time. Please visit www.CenterforBliss.com for more on those services offered.